I hope this letter finds you happy and healthy as we near the end of 2021. It has been a challenging year for us all and, this December, I am intentionally focused on what has gone right this year. Over the past 12 months, Project Access NOW has made a big impact and has received phenomenal support from its partners. Thanks to you, we are doing what PANOW has always done but with additional ability to support those made even more vulnerable by the pandemic and wildfires in the last 18 months.
It is with great pride that we release the 2020-2021 Annual Report summarizing what our dynamic team has accomplished over the past year. This includes:
- Jumping in to support disaster relief in several realms – from distributing $1.1 million in pandemic relief funding to hosting COVID-19 vaccine clinics weekly;
- Expanding our Executive team, Board of Directors, and hiring our first Director of Equity and Advocacy;
- Proving the cost effectiveness of our services and programs: recent data shows a more than 2:1 return on investment for PANOW programming;
- Moving upstream to advocate for systems change by providing vigorous public testimony in support of issues related to social determinants of health; and
- Most important, providing services to those most underserved in our community such as 10,436 instances of navigation assistance and responding to 23,698 requests for services.
If you are able, please consider an end-of-year gift to support these efforts in 2022. With our North Star continuing to be healthy individuals regardless of legal status or personal identity, these funds will continue to grow our portfolio of services and to focus broadly on the factors that impact health.
Donate at: projectaccessnow.org/donate
P.O. Box 10953, Portland, OR 97296
Again, thank you! May you find peace and joy this holiday season.
Carly Hood-Ronick, MPA, MPH