We request that, in addition to application instructions specific to each position, as described in each individual posting, candidates answer the following questions directly or include responses in a cover letter:
- We are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff and creating an environment that supports equity and inclusion. How do you see yourself being a part of this work?
- What is your definition of diversity? How do you encourage people to honor the uniqueness of each individual? How do you challenge stereotypes and promote sensitivity and inclusion?
- To what extent has pursuing racial or other types of equity and inclusion been a priority in your work and/or your personal life, and how did you approach it?
- Why was this important to you?
- What were some of your core challenges?
- What have you learned from these experiences? Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?