C3 Community Assistance Program
Many times, when low-income people are discharged from a hospital stay or emergency room visit, they face barriers that stand in the way of their recovery. When such obstacles prevent people from being able to regain or maintain their health, Project Access NOW’s C3 Community Assistance Program may provide access to the support and services people need.
About C3 Community Assistance Program
With the C3 Community Assistance Program (C3CAP), we support discharge planners, social workers, and care managers as they work to connect low-income patients to the resources they need for a safe discharge, e.g. transportation, temporary housing, and medical assistance. Our goal is to help our community by providing the things they need most in order to have a successful recovery and continue to improve and maintain their health.
The C3 Community Assistance Program grew out of collaboration with
- Hospitals Providence Health and Services and Kaiser Permanente, which utilize the program to provide vulnerable patients discharging from the hospital with the resources they need to be safe and secure; and
- Coordinated Care Organizations, which utilize the same infrastructure to provide their members with other non-medical services and resources that improve and maintain enrollee health.
We expect expansion to other hospitals systems as well as providing the infrastructure for non-medical services for Medicaid members to be paid for by Coordinated Care Organizations.
History of C3 Community Assistance Program
Providence Health & Services was our development partner for this program. Providence identified a need to more efficiently track the services they were already providing upon discharge and contacted Project Access NOW to help them do so. Utilizing Vistalogic’s online platform, CLARA, we were able to streamline the tracking, reporting and payment of the services provided to vulnerable patients upon discharge.
We began serving clients in November 2014, and now support all Oregon Providence Health systems as well as Kaiser Permanente.
We began supporting the Coordinated Care Organizations in the Portland Metro area in 2016.
- Stephanie Marson, C3 Community Assistance Program Manager
Business Hours and Closures
The business hours of the C3 Community Assistance Program are:
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
We are closed
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thursday & Friday of Thanksgiving week
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- (503) 345-6732