COVID-19 Program Update
From all of us at Project Access NOW, we wish you and your family health and safety as we work together to contain the spread of COVID-19. As efforts to contain the outbreak continue, we would like to encourage our clients to follow Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Oregon Health Authority (OHA) guidelines:
Our team is primarily working from home. However, we continue to process referrals and navigate a burdened and quickly changing health system. While we continue to accept and process new referrals and applications, we will not be assigning non-urgent cases as most of our volunteer providers are not able to schedule at this time. Clients who have already been assigned to a volunteer clinic will be scheduled once the clinics reopen.
Many of our partner clinics are changing their protocols, especially restricting non-urgent appointments and taking extra measures to protect those over age 60 and with chronic conditions. We will maintain our partner updates on this page (see below under “Partner Updates”).
Contact a Classic Care Coordinator
- Call or Fax: (503) 200-1245
Please note: Due to the high volume of calls and emails, we may take some extra time to respond to your inquiry. You will receive a response – your patience is appreciated during this unprecedented time.
Assistance is available in English and Spanish/ Español
- Pacific Eye: All locations shut down until mid-April.
- Providence Heart: Urgent appointments only.
- Breast Care Clinic: Urgent/continuing care only.
- Legacy Mt Hood Pulmonary: Cancelling all appts for next two weeks then scheduling out to May
- Legacy Dever’s Eye: Emergency/Urgent appts only.
- Legacy Meridian Park Physical Therapy: Completely shut down starting 3/18 to 4/1.
- OHSU Casey Eye: Urgent Appts/Surgeries only for this week. All others are being rescheduled by clinic.
- Tuality OBGYN: Urgent only, scheduling 6 weeks out for all others.
- Tuality Hematology/Oncology: Operating but with heavy precautions and protocols. New PT appts may be done by phone, but most follow ups are being rescheduled. Urgent or continuing care only.
- Oregon Rheum: Urgent only
- All elective surgeries are being cancelled at this time.
Project Access NOW Classic
Project Access NOW continues to work with all of the hospital systems and most of the major specialty and multi-specialty clinics in the Portland Metro area to provide donated care to those who remain uninsured and who meet specific income guidelines.
The majority of our Classic clients are immigrants, undocumented and documented, who are unable to receive health insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Medicaid expansion.
While the number of individuals this program is actively serving has returned to pre-ACA levels, the amount spent on interpretive services and per-member, per-month medication costs has increased.*
The people served by our Classic program need Project Access NOW today, more than ever.
*For a list of the medications that are covered, please see our formulary.