Update Your Health Insurance Application
It is very important to report life changes to the Marketplace to keep your health insurance active and make sure you don’t owe money when you file taxes.
Have you or anyone in your family had any of these life changes this year?
- Changes to your household:
- Birth or adoption
- Marriage or divorce
- Becoming pregnant
- A child on your plan turning 26
- Gaining or losing a dependent
- Moving to a new address
- Changes in status:
- Disability status
- Tax filing status
- Citizenship or immigration status
- American Indian/Alaska Native tribal status
- Incarceration or release from incarceration
- Changes in health insurance:
- Getting an offer of job-based insurance, even if nobody enrolls
- Becoming eligible for Medicare, Medicaid, or any other insurance
- Losing health insurance
- Changes to expected income or jobs
- Ending, starting, or changing jobs
- Amount of income
- Type of income (e.g. job, social security)
When changes happen, make sure you report them to the Marketplace and Premium Assistance. If you don’t report the changes, you may owe money when you file taxes.
You can report changes:
- Online: Visit healthcare.gov and “Report a Life Change”
- By phone: Call the Marketplace at 1-800-318-2596
- By contacting your insurance agent or Premium Assistance
After reporting changes, or for help reporting them, contact Premium Assistance at (503) 345-6576.